Tuesday, August 7, 2012

EOC Week 5: Patent Trolls

I have just read an article on Patent Trolls. I think when this lawsuit happens, the trolls and the company both are at fault. The Patent trolls has no right suing something that they don't even own. And the company needs to check if they still has the rights for a patent or else something like this would happen. For those who don’t know who that patent trolls are. “Patent trolls is a disparaging term for someone who sues for patent infringement, but who does not make or sell any products using they patented technology. There is a friendlier term for them that I don’t use for 2 reasons. Patent trolls are easier to remember and Patent troll is a right word for them in my opinion. “A friendlier term for the practice is patent assertion company.” Like I said Patent trolls are easier to say. “Patent trolls typically rely on the fear of permanent injunctions to elicit licensing fees.” A way to avoid patent trolls are to check if you still have the rights to the patents. I don’t like patent trolls at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment