Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Questions

These question are of interest to me, because will be a filmmaker, so I’m very worried about my intellectual property taken without permission specially with the internet where anything can be taken so easily. My questions mostly involves copyright because, I would be working for a studio like Universal and Paramount so I won’t be actually owning anything. It will belong to the studio that I work for at that time. If I were to remake the movie Jaws, I would be working for Universal and Universal would own that rights. so my ten questions were:
1. How can I tell if someone has used my work without my permission?
2. What action should I take if someone steals my work or use without permission?
3. Is it a copyright infringement if I use a clip of the movie for my own work?
4. Does my copyright offer protect from other countries?
5. How long does my copyright protection last?
6. How can I make sure that an idea hasn’t been copyrighted, so I won’t end up stealing?
7. Do I have to publish my work first in order to gain copyright protection?
8. How can I prove that a person has taken my work?
9. How can I prove that my work is an original work?
10. How can I tell that a sound effects or a video are public domain?

No comments:

Post a Comment